BENTOMAT® Geosynthetic Clay Liners
The Global Standard for GCLs
Sodium-based GCLs provide an excellent hydraulic barrier in applications where leachate in direct contact with the GCL is relatively non-aggressive, or in composite lining applications where the GCL is overlain by a thermally welded geomembrane and hydrates from uptake of innocuous moisture from the subgrade.
Interface and internal shear strength
Common applications for BENTOMAT GCLs
The SDN "double non-woven" configuration consists of a layer of sodium bentonite clay between two non-woven geotextiles, which are needlepunched together. This configuration provides the high internal and interface friction properties while offering an economical alternative to the DN configuration.
The composite laminate series consists of sodium bentonite clay and a flexible plastic membrane. The bentonite clay is encapsulated between two geotextiles that are needlepunched together. The flexible plastic membrane is laminated to the outer geotextile. This configuration provides a maximum permeability 10 times less than standard bentonite-based GCLs and is designed for the highest performance in hydraulic conditions.
BENTOMAT DN-HS is the newest addition to the BENTOMAT product Line. Using proprietary, high-density needle-punching technology to generate superior peak shear strength properties for slope stability.
- Case Study: Agrium Nu-West Rasmussen Ridge Phosphate Mine 169 KB
- Case Study: Bailey Mine 164 KB
- Case Study: Barrick Goldstrike Mine 146 KB
- Case Study: Border Checkpoint Embankment Zosin Poland 169 KB
- Case Study: Capping High Speed Railroad Cordoba Spain 1179 KB
- Case Study: Capping High Speed Railroad Zaragoza Spain 167 KB
- Case Study: Carlota Copper Mine 156 KB
- Case Study: Copler Mine 169 KB
- Case Study: Dennison Mine 166 KB
- Case Study: Duck Creek 165 KB
- Case Study: Dychow Poland Underwater Canal 166 KB
- Case Study: Freemont Water Reservoir 167 KB
- Case Study: Juliana Canal 201 KB
- Case Study: Karns Meadow Wyoming 734 KB
- Case Study: Plank Road New Jersey Brownfield Redevelopment 124 KB
- Case Study: Suncor Oil Sands Tailings Pond 161 KB
- Case Study: TVA Kingston Pond Expansion 183 KB
- Case Study: West Doane Lake 179 KB