BENTOMAT® Geosynthetic Clay Liners
The Global Standard for GCLs
Sodium bentonite-based GCLs provide an excellent hydraulic barrier in applications where leachate in direct contact with the GCL is relatively non-aggressive, or in composite lining applications where the GCL is overlain by a thermally welded geomembrane and hydrates from uptake of innocuous moisture from the subgrade.
Interface and internal shear strength
Common applications for BENTOMAT GCLs
DN-HS: The Next Evolution in High Shear Strength Performance
Built on DN technology, DN-HS offers the highest shear strength performance. Utilizing proprietary, high-density needlepunching technology to generate superior peak shear strength properties for slope stability.
The SDN "double non-woven" configuration consists of a layer of sodium bentonite clay between two non-woven geotextiles, which are needlepunched together. This configuration provides the high internal and interface friction properties while offering an economical alternative to the DN configuration.
The composite laminate series consists of sodium bentonite clay and a flexible plastic membrane. The bentonite clay is encapsulated between two geotextiles that are needlepunched together. The flexible plastic membrane is laminated to the outer geotextile. This configuration provides a maximum permeability 10 times less than standard bentonite-based GCLs and is designed for the highest performance in hydraulic conditions.
- Case Study: Agrium Phosphate Mine Tailing Storage Facility - BENTOMAT® GCL 813 KB
- Case Study: Bailey Mine Tailings Pond - BENTOMAT® SDN 527 KB
- Case Study: Barrick Goldstrike Mine Tailings Storage - BENTOMAT® DN 1006 KB
- Case Study: Carlota Copper Mine Heap Leach Pad - BENTOMAT® DN GCL 448 KB
- Case Study: Copler Gold Mine - BENTOMAT® ST GCL 886 KB
- Case Study: Cordoba Spain High Speed Railroad Embankment Liner - BENTOMAT® AS GCL 1184 KB
- Case Study: Denison Uranium Mine - BENTOMAT® ST GCL 373 KB
- Case Study: Duck Creek Coal Ash Disposal - BENTOMAT® SDN GCL 816 KB
- Case Study: Dychow Poland Canal Liner Using BENTOMAT® GCL 1038 KB
- Case Study: Fremont Reservoir - BENTOMAT® DN & 200R GCLs 694 KB
- Case Study: Juliana Canal - BENTOMAT® 4000 GCL 2009 KB
- Case Study: Karns Meadow Stormwater Liner - BENTOMAT® CL GCL 733 KB
- Case Study: New Jersey Brownfield Redevelopment - BENTOMAT® SDN GCL 830 KB
- Case Study: Suncor Oil Sands Tailings Pond Liner - BENTOMAT® CL GCL 613 KB
- Case Study: TVA Kingston Coal Ash Storage - BENTOMAT® 600CL & CL GCLs 1151 KB
- Case Study: West Doane Lake In Situ Stabilization Using ORGANOCLAY & BENTOMAT® GCL 805 KB
- Case Study: Zaragoza Spain High Speed Railroad Embankment Liner - BENTOMAT® AS GCL 1589 KB
- Case Study: Zosin, Poland Border Checkpoint Embankment Liner - BENTOMAT® SP 1073 KB
We build all of our GCLs to be compliant with GRI-GCL3 and their guide specifications can be found for use on the Geosynthetic Institute website.
Helena-Lewis and Clark National Forest Finish Repairs on Park Ditch - KTVH, June 2020
|CETCO Launches BENTOMAT DN-HS GCL to Achieve Superior Peak Shear Strength Properties - CETCO, February 2020|
|Creating a Garden Pond: How to Choose the Right Lining - Telegraph, September 2015|
|Design Considerations for GCLs in Leach Pad Liner Systems - Geosynthetics Magazine, October 2014|
|Dynamic Shear Strength of Geosynthetic Clay Liners - Geosynthetics Magazine, October 2013|
|Evaluations of Engineered Cover Systems for Mine Waste Rock and Tailings - Geosynthetics Magazine, June 2013|
|Static Shear Strength of Geosynthetic Clay Liners - Geosynthetics Magazine, February 2013|
|New Geosynthetics Advocacy Aimed at State and Local Levels - Geosynthetics Magazine, February 2013|
|Shear Strength of Geosynthetic Clay Liners: Part 1 - Strength Measurement - Geosynthetics Magazine, October 2012|
|Use of Geosynthetics in Deicing Facilities at the Cleveland Airport - Geosynthetics Magazine, June 2007|