CETCO's Extensive Product Line Solves Any Site's Demands
With proven liquid and waste containment technology, our Geosynthetic Clay Liners (GCLs) can take on the challenges of any site. From bentonite-based GCLs to polymer-modified GCLs, our line is extensive and solutions customizable.
Your challenges are unique - and with CETCO, so is your solution.
Why geosynthetic containment systems?
Featuring our proprietary, high-density needlepunched construction, CETCO GCLs outperform compacted clay liners in both performance and ease-of-installation. GCLs provide significant advantages over compacted clay, including:
- Better hydraulic performance with less variability
- Installed in wider temperature range and weather conditions
- Faster construction times
- Consistent, known and tested quality
- Technical and design assistance
- Reduced carbon footprint
Easily configured for a wide range of applications, GCLs provide increased durability and consistent performance and are increasingly replacing compacted clay liners in applications including:
GCLs are used for decorative ponds, golf course water features, fish ponds, water reservoirs, and wastewater lagoons. Their self seaming installation requires no specialized equipment, and their self-healing characteristics promote long life and high performance.
Composite laminated GCLs offer puncture and tensile strengths beyond conventional geomembranes. These GCLs offer the low permeability of a geomembrane combined with the high swelling and self healing characteristics of a traditional GCL. GCLs are often specified in canals, stormwater impoundments or wetlands to control seepage and conserve valuable water where native soils are too permeable.
Highway and civil
GCL can be used in highway and civil applications such as airport de-icing facilities used to remove ice build up on the surfaces of planes. During the application process, glycol-based de-icing fluids can leak into local stormwater runoff, potentially causing pollution. CETCO GCLs were found compatible with de-icing fluid (glycol diluted 50/50 with water). GCLs can also be used to line roadway drainage swales for containment and prevent excessive percolation, thereby minimizing potential for groundwater contamination. Another example of using GCLs in civil and highway applications is using the liner to contain acid rock and prevent runoff from entering the local water supply.
The insight and help you need
Our experience and application knowledge provide you insight into project design. In addition to offering high quality products, CETCO provides unparalleled technical support. Our multi-disciplinary technical staff are recognized subject matter experts, fluent in our products and technologies with application experience throughout the world. We are here to provide the solution for your project’s unique challenges. Contact your local CETCO technical sales manager about any of our environmental products for your next project.
CETCO - Pioneer and leader in lining technology
CETCO is the leader and prioneer in cutting-edge environmental solutions. Around the globe for the last half-century, our innovative teams of clay mineralogists, chemists, and polymer scientists transform ordinary minerals into extraordinary technology to solve day-to-day problems worldwide.
- Case Study: Bailey Mine Tailings Pond - BENTOMAT® SDN 527 KB
- Case Study: BENTOMAT® AS GCL as Embankment Liner for Zaragoza, Spain High Speed Railroad 1589 KB
- Case Study: BENTOMAT® DN GCL for Barrick Goldstrike Mine Tailings Storage 1006 KB
- Case Study: BENTOMAT® SP GCL for Embankment Liner at Zosin, Poland Border 1073 KB
- Case Study: Copler Gold Mine - BENTOMAT® ST GCL 886 KB
- Case Study: Cordoba Spain High Speed Railroad Embankment Liner - BENTOMAT® AS GCL 1184 KB
- Case Study: Denison Uranium Mine - BENTOMAT® ST GCL 373 KB
- Case Study: Dychow Poland Canal Liner Using BENTOMAT® GCL 1038 KB
- Case Study: Fremont Reservoir - BENTOMAT® DN & 200R GCLs 694 KB
- Case Study: Juliana Canal - BENTOMAT® 4000 GCL 2009 KB
- Case Study: Karns Meadow Stormwater Liner - BENTOMAT® CL GCL 733 KB
- Case Study: Suncor Oil Sands Tailings Pond Liner - BENTOMAT® CL GCL 613 KB
We build all of our GCLs to be compliant with GRI-GCL3 and their guide specifications can be found for use on the Geosynthetic Institute website.
|New RESISTEX Universal GCL Series Debuts at GeoAmericas 2020 - CETCO, November 2020|
|CETCO to Present GCL Research at Planning for Closure - Industry Today, September 2020|
|Helena-Lewis and Clark National Forest Finish Repairs on Park Ditch - KTVH, June 2020|
|Creating a Garden Pond: How to Choose the Right Lining - Telegraph, September 2015|
|Options for Retention Ponds - Waterproof Magazine, October 2011|
|Geosynthetics at the Olympics - Geosynthetics Magazine, August 2008|
|Use of Geosynthetics in Deicing Facilities at the Cleveland Airport - Geosynthetics Magazine, June 2007|
- Technical Data Sheet: BENTOMAT® 200R GCL 189 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: BENTOMAT® 600CL GCL 272 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: BENTOMAT® CL GCL 266 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: BENTOMAT® CLT GCL 265 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: BENTOMAT® CLT-20 GCL 275 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: BENTOMAT® DN GCL 188 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: BENTOMAT® DN-9 GCL 190 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: BENTOMAT® FLW GCL 191 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: BENTOMAT® ST GCL 189 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: BENTOMAT® STM GCL 189 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: RESISTEX® 100DN9 Geosynthetic Clay Liner 93 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: RESISTEX® 101ST Geosynthetic Clay Liner 107 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: RESISTEX® U20ST Geosynthetic Clay Liner 98 KB