Our Five-Star Treatment Media
Your first choice for removing organic contaminants from water or sediment, the ORGANOCLAY product range provides formulations to meet almost any adsorption application.
Used and trusted worldwide, it's proven to work efficiently and effectively.
A little goes a long way - and reduces costs
ORGANOCLAY's substantial adsorption capacity not only reduces necessary cap thickness compared to a conventional sand cap but can also extend cap life—in some circumstances, for years—and reduce overall costs.
Because ORGANOCLAY can be used as a pre-treatment to Granular Activated Carbon (GAC), ORGANOCLAY can increase overall efficiency by preventing surface pores in GAC from blinding.
The ORGANOCLAY Product Range
Powerfully adsorbant ORGANOCLAY is available in multiple formulations to best mitigate water and sediment contamination in a variety of specific conditions:
ORGANOCLAY BB: Our coarsest grain media, ORGANOCLAY BB is a larger and denser version of ORGANOCLAY PM-200 to aid in settling through the water column. When used for sediment capping, ORGANOCLAY BB can be placed hydraulically or mechanically.
- Sediment Capping
ORGANOCLAY F: A proprietary granular filtration media that reliably adsorbs oils and similar organics from water. It is a brown and black mixture of 30% active ORGANOCLAY and 70% anthracite filter media, which allows for maximum utilization of the large sorption capacity of ORGANOCLAY without excessive pressure build-up in the column. When used as an in-series filtration media prior to an activated carbon vessel, ORGANOCLAY F extends the life and adsorbency of the activated carbon by removing larger molecular organics before they reach it. It also lowers the overall operating cost relative to using activated carbon alone. ORGANOCLAY can also be used in standalone mode to treat oil-contaminated water and stream condensates.
- Groundwater Pump-and-Treat
- Sediment Dewatering Treatment
ORGANOCLAY MRM: In addition to adsorbing non-aqueous phase liquids (NAPL) and dissolved low-solubility organics, specially-formulated, sulfur-impregnated ORGANOCLAY MRM sequesters mercury (Hg0, Hg+1 and Hg+2) and arsenic (As+5) from water. Ideal for groundwater pump-and-treat or sediment dewatering treatment, ORGANOCLAY MRM can also be used in soil or sediment solidification/stabilization or as an additive to Portland Cement.
- Groundwater pump-and-treat
- Sediment dewatering treatment
ORGANOCLAY PM-199: Our second finest grain media, ORGANOCLAY PM-199 features high adsorption capacity of oils, greases, and other NAPL. When used as an in-series filtration media prior to an activated carbon vessel, ORGANOCLAY PM-199 extends the life and adsorbency of the activated carbon by removing larger molecular organics that can cause fouling. ORGANOCLAY PM-199 also works as a standalone treatment media to treat oil-contaminated water and stream condensates.
- Organophilic Filtration Media
- Bulk Sediment Capping
- Solidification/Stabilization additive
ORGANOCLAY PM-200: Our second coarsest grain media, ORGANOCLAY PM-200's particle size aids in settling through the water column when placing a bulk active in-situ sediment cap. ORGANOCLAY PM-200 is also your best match for intermixing with coarse inert soil for use of a Permeable Reactive Barrier (PRB).
- Bulk Sediment Capping
- Permeable Reactive Barrier (PRB)
ORGANOCLAY SS-199: Our finest-grain media, ORGANOCLAY SS-199 features medium adsorption of oils, greases, and other NAPL and helps stabilize organics for increased solidification of treated soils and sediment. ORGANOCLAY SS-199 is for use in soil or sediment solidification/stabilization or as an additive to Portland Cement.
- In Situ Solidification
How it does it
The ORGANOCLAY product line is a range of proprietary adsorption media that is highly effective in removing oils, greases and other high molecular weight, low solubility organic compounds from aqueous streams. ORGANOCLAY products are specialty sorbents, altered to an organophilic state making them attractive to organic molecules.
CETCO - Pioneer and leader in environmental remediation
CETCO is the leader and pioneer in cutting-edge environmental remediation solutions. Around the globe, our innovative teams of clay mineralogists, chemists, and polymer scientists transform ordinary minerals into extraordinary technology to solve day-to-day problems worldwide.
REACTIVE CORE MAT®
A CETCO REACTIVE CORE MAT facilitates the placement of ORGANOCLAY underwater to treat contaminated sediment by encapsulating the active material such as ORGANOCLAY within a geotextile. Deployed as an active in situ treatment later directly over contaminated sediments, a REACTIVE CORE MAT mitigates dissolved contaminant transport into surface water and reduced required cap thickness when compared to traditional in situ capping methods.
- Case Study: Collins Cove MGP Sediment Cap Using ORGANOCLAY-Filled REACTIVE CORE MAT 633 KB
- Case Study: Grand Calumet River Sediment Cap Using ORGANOCLAY 634 KB
- Case Study: Harbor Point Sediment Cap Using ORGANOCLAY-Filled REACTIVE CORE MAT 663 KB
- Case Study: Island End River Manufactured Gas Plant Sediment Cap Using ORGANOCLAY Filled REACTIVE CORE MAT 902 KB
- Case Study: Koppers Wood Treatment Facility Remedial Barrier Using ORGANOCLAY Filled REACTIVE CORE MAT 1024 KB
- Case Study: McCormick & Baxter Creosote Sediment Cap Using ORGANOCLAY Filled REACTIVE CORE MAT 860 KB
- Case Study: Meco Drive Sediment Cap Using ORGANOCLAY Filled Reactive Core Mat 840 KB
- Case Study: New Jersey Mercury-Contaminated Groundwater Remediated with ORGANOCLAY MRM 242 KB
- Case Study: ORGANOCLAY for DNAPL Stabilization at Atlantic Woods 373 KB
- Case Study: ORGANOCLAY Permeable Reactive Barrier for DNAPL Stabilization at Union Pacific Railroad 165 KB
- Case Study: ORGANOCLAY-Filled REACTIVE CORE MAT for Bros Superfund Site 559 KB
- Case Study: PCBs and PAHs Contaminated Stormwater Ditch 834 KB
- Case Study: Pine Street Canal MGP Sediment Cap Using ORGANOCLAY Filled REACTIVE CORE MAT 439 KB
- Case Study: Port of Portland Sediment Cap Using ORGANOCLAY 936 KB
- Case Study: West Doane Lake In Situ Stabilization Using ORGANOCLAY & BENTOMAT® GCL 805 KB
|Clean Up Act - Water & Wastes Digest, September 2020|