Our high quality drilling fluids will keep operators running at peak efficiency
All CETCO bentonite based drilling fluids are made of the highest quality sodium bentonite from Wyoming
When drilling with bentonite, a protective “filter cake” is formed on the borehole wall reducing the level of soil permeability and increasing stability. The circulating bentonite slurry removes the drilled cuttings bringing them to the surface. The bentonite mixture also exerts hydraulic pressure preventing any collapse of the walls even when the excavation is below the water table. Bentonite slurry also acts as a lubricant for drilling tools.
In slurry wall construction, bentonite is used to contain contaminated groundwater, dewater excavations and stabilize dams, levees, and other similar structures. Bentonite slurry has a slightly higher specific gravity than water, creating a positive hydrostatic head that stabilizes the sides of the trench to hold soil particles together and prevent collapse. The backfill material, some of which may contain various soil waste materials, bentonite and cement, provides an impervious barrier and over time will set to final form.
QUAD POWER™ polymer drilling products are a line of super concentrated drilling fluids to be used for short distance/small diameter HDD bores. This easy to use, color coded polymer drilling system allows utility contractors to quickly and efficiently drill through various soil types. Just add the appropriate product and drill!
They can be mixed and matched even in alternating ground. The plastic pouches produce limited waste compared to bulky plastic jugs making clean up easy when moving from site to site. Do not let the small packaging fool you! These ultra-concentrated products are designed for real drillers in all sorts of tough ground.
- TDS - CIVIL PRO 125 126 KB
- TDS - HYDRAUL-EZ 268 KB
- TDS - PREMIUM GEL 179 KB
- TDS - PUREGOLD CLEANDRILL 221 KB
- TDS - PUREGOLD GEL 188 KB
- TDS - QUAD POWER POWER-BASE 119 KB
- TDS - QUAD POWER POWER-CLAY 113 KB
- TDS - QUAD POWER POWER-SAND 119 KB
- TDS - QUAD POWER POWER-TERGE 114 KB
- TDS - SUPER GEL-X 179 KB
- GeoDrilling International | Conquering Clay - December 2011 700 KB
- The Driller | HDD Drilling - Drilling with Water Only? - Maximize Feet per Day with the Right Fluids Mix www.thedriller.com
- The Driller | How Do I Use Bentonite-Free Polymer HDD Drilling Fluids? www.thedriller.com
- The Driller | How Has Covid-19 Affected Drilling Fluids Manufacturers? Video Tech Support, Training Part of a 'New Normal' www.thedriller.com
- The Driller | How to Adjust for Viscosity in Pumping Drilling Fluids Account for Loss to Viscosity to get Better Bores www.thedriller.com
- The Driller | On HDD Jobs, Proper Fluids Win Over More Horsepower www.thedriller.com
- The Driller | Tips for Productivity on HDD Mixing Systems www.thedriller.com
- The Driller | Tips on Bentonite Drilling Fluids and Well Completion Walking through Products for Drilling Jobs, Start to Finish www.thedriller.com
- The Driller | Tips to Evaluate a Mixed-Metal Fluid System on Drilling Jobs www.thedriller.com
- The Driller | What are you Getting from your Mud Schools? www.thedriller.com
- The Driller | What Constitutes a Good HDD Fluid? www.thedriller.com
- The Driller | What Drillers Need to Know About Viscosity Get Acquainted with the Terms, How to Test Drilling Fluids www.thedriller.com
- The Driller | What’s the Value of Soda Ash for Drilling Jobs? www.thedriller.com
- The Driller | Xanthan Gum: Helpful for a Range of Drilling Jobs www.thedriller.com
- Trenchless World | HDD Eases Sino-Russian Links - July August 2011 175 KB
- Trenchless World | Testing Times for HDD - May 2011 308 KB