VOLTEX® Waterproofing Membranes
Leading Waterproofing Worldwide
The VOLTEX® waterproofing membrane line is the proven technology for exceptional waterproofing and contaminant protection with easy installation.
It’s the first-choice water barrier across the globe.
World-class waterproofing performance
Lighter and more impervious than traditional waterproofing products, VOLTEX combines sodium bentonite layered within a durable geomembrane to provide waterproofing protection for any cast-in-place, below-grade concrete construction, such as:
- Structural Slabs
- Property Line Walls
- Backfilled Walls
- Cut-and-Cover Tunnels
- Earth-covered Structures
VOLTEX also outperforms other solutions for precast concrete construction and under contaminated conditions. In both hydrostatic and nonhydrostatic conditions, VOLTEX is dependable, expanding as it absorbs water to seal any small concrete cracks caused by ground settlement or concrete shrinkage, the bentonite core using the water’s own pressure to block gaps.
Easy installation saves you money
Featuring exceptional flexibility for maximum conformability when fitting to a structure, VOLTEX can be installed directly to green concrete and placed as soon as forms are removed—no need to wait for the concrete to cure. Requiring no primers or adhesives, simply position VOLTEX and fasten it in place. VOLTEX can be installed even in extreme temperatures, so installation is quick and easy—and easy on your budget.
Durable and contaminant resistant
Extremely durable, VOLTEX is self-seaming and self-sealing—there’s no worries about the inevitable small tears and punctures that always occur on construction sites—and is available with a variety of enhancements (see below) to protect against contaminants including saline, nitrates, phosphates, chlorides, sulfates, lime, and organic solvents.
Available in four variations
Standard Bentonite with HDPE Composite
Chemically Resistant Bentonite
VOLTEX CR includes all of the advanced waterproofing capabilities of VOLTEX plus a polymer-treated sodium bentonite for exceptional protection in low to moderate saline or contaminated groundwater conditions, including elevated levels of nitrates, phosphates, chlorides, sulfates, lime, and organic solvents.
Chemically Resistant Bentonite & HDPE Composite
CETCO - Pioneer and leader in waterproofing
CETCO is the leader and pioneer in cutting-edge waterproofing membranes. Around the globe, our innovative teams of clay mineralogists, chemists, and polymer scientists transform ordinary minerals into extraordinary technology to solve day-to-day problems worldwide.
Foundation drainage composite consisting of a molded profile core and a filter fabric. System includes drainage and base drain collection.
Hydrophilic polyurethane caulk used for detail work including pipe penetrations.
Trowel grade mastic used to detail around penetrations, corner transitions and terminations.
12 mm (1/2”) thick cementitious wall board for protection of waterproofing during the removal of steel soldier pile cap and top lagging boards.
A multi-purpose UV stable single component polyether moisture cure sealant/adhesive. Primary applications are grade termination sealant, membrane lap sealant and waterstop adhesive.
Self-adhering flashing membrane used for grade and thru-wall flashing.
Water soluble film tubing filled with active granular material.
Premium tape used to seal overlapped membrane edges of VOLTEX DS.
Preformed, single piece cover for tie back heads and soil heads. Four sizes available: TB-3, TB-6SN, TB-8, and TB-10.
Min. 25 mm (1") wide aluminum or stainless steel bar with pre-punched holes on 300 mm (12") centering for fastening.
Hydrophilic, swelling concrete joint waterstop used around penetrations and applicable concrete joints. WATERSTOP-RX swells upon hydration to form a positive seal in concrete cold pour joints.
Active granular material used to at detail areas that require additional protection.
- ENVIROSHEET LT with AQUADRAIN for Cast-in-Place Concrete Backfilled Wall Construction Master Spec 85 KB
- ENVIROSHEET with AQUADRAIN for Cast-in-Place Concrete Backfilled Wall Construction Master Spec 85 KB
- VOLTEX DS for Shotcrete Property Line Foundations Under Hydrostatic Conditions Master Spec 169 KB
- VOLTEX DS for Shotcrete Property Line Foundations Under Non-Hydrostatic Conditions Master Spec 168 KB
- VOLTEX DS with AQUADRAIN for Cast-in-Place Concrete Master Spec 126 KB
- VOLTEX with AQUADRAIN for Cast-in-Place Concrete Master Spec 127 KB
- WATERSTOP-RX for Cast-in-Place Concrete Master Spec 52 KB
- Brochure: Building Materials Overview 23226 KB
- Brochure: Foundation Waterproofing Solutions 1293 KB
- Brochure: Green Roof Solutions 1337 KB
- Brochure: HydroShield™ Quality Assurance Program 1451 KB
- Brochure: Plaza Deck Waterproofing Restoration 1737 KB
- Product Sell Sheet: AQUADRAIN® Drainage Composite 5872 KB
- Product Sell Sheet: ENVIROSHEET Waterproofing Membrane 1125 KB
- Product Sell Sheet: VOLTEX® Waterproofing Membrane 2411 KB
- Product Sell Sheet: WATERSTOP-RX® Expanding Concrete Joint Waterstop 2918 KB
- Case Study: BskyB Campus Foundation Waterproofing - VOLTEX 640 KB
- Case Study: Edinburgh Underground Parking Garage 180 KB
- Case Study: New City Mixed Use Space Foundation Waterproofing 175 KB
- Case Study: San Sebastian Academy of Music Foundation Waterproofing 177 KB
- Case Study: Shady Hills School Foundation Waterproofing 171 KB
- Case Study: Stanford University Medical Center Foundation Waterproofing 174 KB
- Case Study: Underground Parking Garage & Apartment Building 182 KB
- Case Study: University of Edinburgh Balfour Beatty Foundation Waterproofing 182 KB
- Case Study: Washington, DC Constitution Square 218 KB
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act: AQUADRAIN 70 KB
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act: CETSEAL 60 KB
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act: ENVIROSHEET 50 KB
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act: VOLTEX 51 KB
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act: VOLTEX DS 51 KB
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act: WATERSTOP-RX 46 KB
|How to Project Manage a Build - Stuff, January 2015|
|Water Barriers to Withstand Shotcrete - Waterproof Magazine, June 2010|
|Traditional Roofing vs. New Alternatives - Waterproof Magazine, October 2008|
- LEED Letter: AQUADRAIN® 100BD 543 KB
- LEED Letter: AQUADRAIN® 10X 543 KB
- LEED Letter: AQUADRAIN® 15X 543 KB
- LEED Letter: AQUADRAIN® 15XP 542 KB
- LEED Letter: AQUADRAIN® 18H 542 KB
- LEED Letter: AQUADRAIN® 20H 215 KB
- LEED Letter: AQUADRAIN® 30H 542 KB
- LEED Letter: AQUADRAIN® G20 544 KB
- LEED Letter: BENTOSEAL® 540 KB
- LEED Letter: CETSEAL 537 KB
- LEED Letter: ENVIROSHEET 541 KB
- LEED Letter: HYDROBAR TUBE 538 KB
- LEED Letter: SEAMTAPE 537 KB
- LEED Letter: TB-BOOT 539 KB
- LEED Letter: VOLTEX® 536 KB
- LEED Letter: VOLTEX® CR 537 KB
- LEED Letter: VOLTEX® DS 548 KB
- LEED Letter: VOLTEX® DSCR 548 KB
- LEED Letter: WATERSTOPPAGE 538 KB
- LEED Letter: WATERSTOP-RX® 541 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: AQUADRAIN® 100BD 229 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: AQUADRAIN® 10X 251 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: AQUADRAIN® 15X 238 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: AQUADRAIN® 15XP 240 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: AQUADRAIN® 18H 285 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: AQUADRAIN® 20H 250 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: AQUADRAIN® 30H 239 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: AQUADRAIN® G20 254 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: AQUADRAIN® GS25 181 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: BENTOSEAL® 272 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: CETSEAL 125 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: ENVIROSHEET 162 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: ENVIROSHEET LT 180 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: HYDROBAR® Tubes 136 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: SEAMTAPE 64 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: TB-BOOT 285 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: VOLTEX® 344 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: VOLTEX® CR 320 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: VOLTEX® DS 190 KB
- Technical Data Sheet: VOLTEX® DSCR 178 KB