Minteq Pyrogenics Group
The Pyrogenics Group is the technological leader in the production of engineered carbon based products for key industries requiring innovative material solutions.
These high-purity products offer unique thermal and physical properties that provide customer benefits in the form of extremely rapid thermal heat transport or heat spreading.
The Pyrogenics Group had its origins in the Space Age Materials Corporation (SAMCO), a research and development organization that focused on high-temperature materials and coatings for use in military and aerospace applications.
The production facility of The Pyrogenics Group is in Easton, Pennsylvania, a
Our furnaces are used on a regular basis for Chemical Vapor Infiltration (CVI) of pyrolytic carbon into carbon-carbon composites and special pyrolytic carbon coatings, and Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD), on graphite or similar substrates.
We are supported by
What is Pyrolytic Graphite?
Pyroid® pyrolytic graphite (PG) is a "five-nine" purity, chemical vapor deposition (CVD), carbon product
Pyrolytic graphite is oftentimes used in applications where extreme temperature, even up to 6000°F (3300°C) and corrosive environments exist. It conducts heat across its (a-b) planar surface better than copper and insulates like a ceramic in the (c) thickness direction.
The material offers erosion resistance in high energy fields and to chemical erosion in fluorine-based, and other dopant gases found in plasma,
We supply PG in plate form and also
In addition, we are also the leading supplier of a freestanding Pyroid ® pyrolytic graphite films (2-75µm thickness) for use in medical radioisotope manufacturing as well as high energy physics research.
With its unique thermal and electrical characteristics, Pyroid ® pyrolytic graphite is used by industries facing problem applications resulting from excessively high temperature, stress, corrosion, and friction, requiring a lightweight material solution.
- Pyroid® pyrolytic graphite is markedly different from polycrystalline graphite and is in a specialty category. The absence of granular components and the unique structures of CVD deposited PG, yields components that achieve dropout rates well below 10 per wafer—far below commercial graphite, and approaching that of silicon. In addition to having the lowest erosion rate of any material known, the size of the particulates generated is <0.1 µm and dropout distribution is uniform.
- PG offers the lowest know erosion of any material in ion sputtering applications. This low erosion increases part lifetime, approaching several hundred hours in plasma devices, and
is ,economically beneficial providing total cost solutions and enhanced productivity in ion grids used in semiconductor implantation and other etching processes.
- PG is stable at high temperatures (2200°C).
- PG approaches carbon's theoretical density of 2.25 g/ and hence is essentially non-porous resulting in no outgassing of contaminants and is very stable in the more chemically active etching plasma applications, employing carbons and nitrogen trifluoride, that attack silicon.
- PG has excellent thermal conductivity, exceeding copper in the a-b direction, In an annealed state a version know as Pyroid ® HT offers 4X the thermal conduction of copper (1700 W/m°K) and 8X that of aluminum, We are able to selectively bond the planes through special fixturing to take maximum advantage of its directional conductivity. In
thisit is an excellent material in electronic thermal management applications, including lids, heat heatsinks.
Pyrogenics has an AS-9100, CNC equipped machine shop and access to laser machining to fabricate complex shapes, critical dimensions and hole patterns. We also offer a special surface treatment process after parts are machined to virtually eliminate particulate debris from the parts.
MINTEQ International Inc.
Easton, PA 18042-1431
+1 484-403-7894 Phone
Some of Our Customers
Working with Pyrogenics – AS9100D Standard Terms and Conditions
Pyrogenics is accredited in accordance with the latest edition of AS9100D, an accepted international standard containing requirements for establishing and maintaining a quality management system for the aerospace industry. AS9100D includes the requirements of ISO 9001: 2015 plus additional requirements for a quality management system for the aerospace industry.