Versatile rheology modifier that is white-washed in appearance, Polargel® is a selectively mined and specially processed smectite clay enhancing a broad range of formulations.
How It Benefits Your Product
Polargel® is an inorganic rheology modifier that provides excellent suspension, binding and stabilizer with
- Absorbing extra moisture to keep products from being watery
- Thickening creams for a luxurious texture
- Preventing powders from becoming cakey
- Increasing makeup coverage
Specially processed to control purity and performance, Polargel® is available in two products to cover a wide-range of personal care, pharmaceutical and cosmetic products.
- Polargel® NF - acne treatments, AHA and BHA creams, treatment shampoos, burn and bite creams, creams, lotions, eye makeup, liquid makeup, sunscreens
- Polargel® HV - acne treatments, antacid suspensions, roll-on antiperspirants and deodorants, creams, lotions
The Science Behind Polargel®
A naturally-derived rheology modifier, Polargel® delays settling and imparts body in water-based formulations. This purified smectite clay is:
- Selectively mined
- High yielding
- Insoluble in water and alcohol
- Supplied as a white microfine powder
Polargel® HV has a higher viscosity grade for formulations that require a higher level of resistance to shear.