Our high quality drilling fluids will keep operators running at peak efficiency
All CETCO bentonite based drilling fluids are made of the highest quality sodium bentonite from Wyoming
When drilling with bentonite, a protective “filter cake” is formed on the borehole wall reducing the level of soil permeability and increasing stability. The circulating bentonite slurry removes the drilled cuttings bringing them to the surface. The bentonite mixture also exerts hydraulic pressure preventing any collapse of the walls even when the excavation is below the water table. Bentonite slurry also acts as a lubricant for drilling tools.
In slurry wall construction, bentonite is used to contain contaminated groundwater, dewater excavations and stabilize dams, levees, and other similar structures. Bentonite slurry has a slightly higher specific gravity than water, creating a positive hydrostatic head that stabilizes the sides of the trench to hold soil particles together and prevent collapse. The backfill material, some of which may contain various soil waste materials, bentonite and cement, provides an impervious barrier and over time will set to final form.
- GeoDrilling International - Conquering Clay - December 2011 700 KB
- National Driller - Clay Getting Out of a Sticky Situation - February 2011 158 KB
- National Driller - Designing a Drilling Fluid for Successful Well Completions - November 2011 160 KB
- National Driller - Drilling and Grouting Products for Monitoring Wells - March 2011 169 KB
- National Driller - For a Window Down the Borehole, Filter Press - May 2012 275 KB
- National Driller - Funnel Viscosity Not the Whole Story - February 2012 194 KB
- National Driller - HDD and Vertical Drilling Fluids - October 2010 187 KB
- National Driller - Holy Rip - Or Where Did My Returns Go - December 2010 183 KB
- National Driller - Horizontal Directional Drilling - Bringing a Knife to a Gunfight and Winning - June 2011 274 KB
- National Driller - Searching for the Holy Grail of Drilling Fluids - August 2011 173 KB
- Trenchless World - HDD Eases Sino-Russian Links - July August 2011 175 KB
- Trenchless World - Testing Times for HDD - May 2011 308 KB