Our one-step treatment products are adaptable to most manufacturer’s equipment. This allows our clients to treat wastewater containing a wide variety of contaminants including emulsified oils, heavy metals, and suspended solids generating a non-leaching sludge that passes TCLP that can be disposed in a non-hazardous industrial landfill. Our in-house laboratory allows us to conduct treatability studies and design an optimal treatment program that will reduce or eliminate your monthly sewer use surcharges. CETCO’s one-step designs allows a simple treatment scheme that that delivers consistent and successful results.
Flocculants Coagulant Aids
• RM-10® • Metal Precipitants
Flocculant Aid • PH Adjusters
• Accofloc® • Emulsion Breakers
RM-10® is a comprehensive line of wastewater treatment products that are capable of breaking oily emulsions, removing oils, metals and suspended solids from contaminated waste streams. RM-10 is a single step treatment process that generates clean water and a non-leaching sludge that passes TCLP. RM-10 products are available in granular, semi-granular, and powdered varieties. CETCO’s feeder equipment makes RM-10 adaptable to various treatment systems including batch and continuous flow.
Accofloc® is a line of high swelling sodium bentonite clays selected for their unique ion exchange capability providing a long list of usage benefits when used in conjunction with polyelectrolytes or inorganic coagulants. These benefits include, increased floc size and weight, reduction in settle time, and improved suspended solids removal, enhanced water clarity and trace metals removal.
With extremely high surface areas, our filtration medias have the ability to adsorb up to 50% of their weight in oil and grease, making them extremely cost-effective.
Filtration Media Filtration Media Equipment
•PM-100™ •EC-510 Adsorption System
•PM-199™ •Bulk Filtration Vessels
PM-100™ is a blend of chemically modified organophillic clay and anthracite filtration media that adsorbs oil and similar organics from water. When used as a pre-treatment, it will extend the life and absorbency of activated carbon due to the removal of high molecular weight organics that would otherwise blind the pores of carbon.
PM-199™ is a proprietary, organophillic granular filtration media that adsorbs oil and similar organics from water. It is comprised of 100% active sorbent.
Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) is made from selected grades of bituminous coal. This product is specifically designed for liquid phase applications where high surface area is needed for maximum adsorption.
Equipment - CETCO’s line of filtration vessels and EC-510 systems make these products easily adaptable to any treatment scheme.
Rolled Filter Media
• Rayon Polyester Blends
• Spun Bond Polyester
• Spun Bond Polypropylene
Our wide variety of rolled filtration media is offered in nominal micron ranges from 3 – 300. The media is available in various fibers including Rayon, Polyester, and Polypropylene providing different levels of cake generation, micron clarity and strength depending on the application. These products work excellent on most gravity, vacuum, and pressure filters.
Our broad range of innovative stabilization and solidification products ensure compliance with federal, state, and local disposal standards while offering a more cost-effective and safer approach than lime, fly ash, diatomaceous earth, or other traditional absorbents.
Benefits to using our stabilization and solidification agents include:
- Economical disposal solution
- Proven results – ensures compliance
- Converts liquid to solid in minutes
- Operates on a wide range of pH
Liquisorb®is a line of high efficiency absorbing agents ideally suited for the absorption and solidification of slurries or high-solids wastewaters. These products contain organic and inorganic components that rapidly absorb and retain large volumes of aqueous matter turning liquid into a solid that passes slump tests. Solids generated are non-leachable and pass TCLP. Products are available in both granular and powder forms.
Sorbond® is proprietary blends of clay and inorganic minerals that are highly effective in the stabilization and solidification of heavy metals and wastewater containing organic matter. Resulting solids will pass TCLP and slump tests.
Our products generate solids to pass the following tests:
- Paint Filter Liquids Test (EPA 9095)
- Slump Test – CSA Test Method A23.25C
- Liquid Release Test (LRT) Procedure (EPA 9096)
- Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure (EPA 1311)
- Leachable BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethyl benzene and xylenes)
- Solids meet Class II (non-hazardous) Landfill Criteria
CONCRETE WASTE TREATMENT
Our products are revolutionizing slurry and water treatment in the concrete industry. Utilizing our industrial waste water and oilfield water treatment experience, we now offer slurry solutions for all concrete water producers. SlurrySep™ has been specially developed to accelerate settling of the cement fines to provide clean, pH adjusted process water for recycling. SlurryDry™ is formulated to quickly absorb free water in cement sludge to allow compliant, non-leaching disposal.
SlurrySep™ is a line of reactive separating agents composed of minerals, pH adjusting components and, polymers. They are specially blended high efficiency formulas designed to remove high levels of suspended solids from wastewaters leaving clean water for compliant discharge or reuse. Remaining sludge is non-leachable and will pass TCLP.
SlurryDry™ are blends used in low dosages for the solidification and stabilization of waste slurry and other fluids produced from concrete-related applications. These products allow a fast and easy way to solidify concrete slurry passing paint filter, slump and TCLP tests for acceptance into non-hazardous landfill.
Our commitment to research and development has helped make us a leader in water treatment. Our extensively equipped laboratory and team of scientists develop innovative products and wastewater treatment programs for a wide array of wastewater applications.
Through our evaluation process of each customer’s wastewater, we provide consultative, efficient, and cost-effective treatment options using our specialized line of products. This unsurpassed customer support is available to our clients free of charge.
Our Research and Testing Laboratory performs a wide range of instrumental and wet-chemical analyses using state-of-the-art analytical equipment. Some of the laboratory’s capabilities include:
- Total Suspended Solids (TSS) - Water is pulled through a pre-weighed glass filter by a vacuum pump. The filter is dried and the final weight is recorded. Results are recorded in parts per million (ppm) and 100 mls of water are required for the test.
- Fat, Oil and Grease (FOG) - Hexane extraction infrared analysis is based on EPA method 1664. Results are recorded in parts per million (ppm) and 100 mls of water are needed for the test.
- ICP Metals Analysis - Water is digested with acid in a microwave, filtered and then analyzed with an ICP (Inductively Coupled Plasma) Spectrometer which is capable of determining the presence and concentration of most metals.
- Total Organic Carbon (TOC) - Measures level of total organic carbon in water. (TOC is a more direct and convenient expression of total organic content than the BOD or COD but does not provide the same information and does not replace these tests.)
- Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) - A spectrophotometer is used to measure the chemical oxygen demand in water. Results are recorded in parts per million (ppm) and 20 mls are required for the test.
- Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure (TCLP) – Determines the ability of elements to leach from a sludge. Sludge, acid and DI (Deionized) water are mixed overnight and the resulting solution is filtered. The filtered water is then analyzed for contaminants of concern.
- X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) - Used to identify mineral components of a solid (i.e. bentonite, limestone, diatomaceous earth, etc). Two grams of material are required, but the test is nondestructive so the material can be returned or reused.
- X-Ray Florescence (XRF) - Used to identify the percentage of an element present in a solid. Results are recorded as a percentage, and two grams of the sold are required for the test.
- Thermo-Gravimetric Analysis (TGA) - Used to measure and identify the organic components in a solid. A small amount of material is slowly heated, and its weight loss is measured. Results are recorded as a percentage, and less than one gram is required for testing.