Minteq International Inc. has two openings for a SMS Entrance Gunner in its Detroit, Michigan plant.
The SMS Entrance Gunner works under close supervision. This includes becoming familiar with MINTEQ equipment, products and applications, and the basics of steel making and meeting the customer's demands.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply material (product) and use all relevant equipment as required
- Follow all standard operating procedures regarding equipment and applications of product
- Operate equipment and perform basic maintenance
- Maintain all equipment in working order, with clean appearance
- Maintain a strong focus on satisfying the customer
- Maintain a positive profile with the customer
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (or more in certain shops)
- Must be able to withstand the physical pressures of constant standing, walking, bending, climbing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, sitting, extremes of hot and cold, as well as carrying, lifting, pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Must be able to handle a high level of stress
- May require working rotating shifts, emergency call outs, and overtime
- Starting base pay is $14.95 per hour for Entrance Gunner
- Must wear all required safety gear
- May be requested to travel
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A high school diploma.
- Previous steel-making or other related experience. Mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, or hydraulic experience.
Submit resume via email, fax 610- 882-1385 or mail to Trinh Huynh, Human Resources – Shared Services Dept., Specialty Minerals Inc., 1 Highland Avenue, Bethlehem, PA 18017. No phone calls please. Only those meeting our requirements will be contacted. EOEwww.mineralstech.com